Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
diamond33
My Device: Not Specified

Bifocals - Digital Rights Management

Why does my I POD touch not have this problem and is there no legal way to remove this, after all I did purchase the song through I Tunes?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Bifocals - Digital Rights Management

Hi and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

From the Knowledge Base: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB16309&slic...

Hope it helps.  Keep coming back. :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diamond33
My Device: Not Specified

I do not see a Media Transfer Protocol setting in memory all the other settings are there.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

[ Edited ]

diamond33 wrote:
I do not see a Media Transfer Protocol setting in memory all the other settings are there.

The 8300 models do not Include Media Transfer Protocol in those settings.

The article is referring to the Storm and Tour device models.  I do not believe the 8300 series models support those file formats.l

From the KB article:

The BlackBerry smartphone cannot play DRM protected music from sources other than the wireless service provider's music stores. For example, DRM protected files downloaded using iTunes® or transferred using Roxio® will not work on the BlackBerry smartphone. DRM protected music files from iTunes® can be identified with the M4P file extension.

Note: This article contains information previously documented in KB12922.

Message Edited by IrwinII on 08-04-2009 11:10 PM
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.