12-30-2013 08:02 AM
I had an "slide to unlock" free app instaled on my BB 8520. After the trial version expired it blocked my phone so I reset it with alt+shift+del but the phone didn't boot after this, so I connected it to the pc and did an update. The Descktop Manager frezzed after a while and since then my phone is not recognized by the pc and doesn't boot. I've tried all advices that I found on internet, I left it without the battery and tried to reset it, I pressed millions of times on the start button, still nothing. How can I do to start the phone? (I've tried to start in safe mode to but no luck)
The red led is flashing 1011101.
12-30-2013 09:20 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Given all you describe, you likely need to reload your OS:
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
You may also need the use of these tricks:
Good luck and let us know!
12-31-2013 06:01 AM
The pc doesn't recognize the device, so I'm stucked with the solution at updating the system. How ever, I found this topic while searching for NAND failure (1011101 error message from red Led) and I'm going to try this and see if it works. I'll give a final response in 3-4 days. Thanks a lot!
p.s. Happy New Year