Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
Tmcn
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

Black Berry Curve 9300 - TrackPad not working.

Alright, so the trackpad isn't working, but at the same time it is. When I use it with my bare skin, it doesn't work, it takes many swips to do anything. But when I use it with say a piece of tape, or a cloth on the end of my fingers it works great and without a problem.

It's a used phone so swapping it is not an option, but is there some way to fix it? 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MHodge
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: BlackBerry

Re: Black Berry Curve 9300 - TrackPad not working.

Tmcn wrote:

Alright, so the trackpad isn't working, but at the same time it is. When I use it with my bare skin, it doesn't work, it takes many swips to do anything. But when I use it with say a piece of tape, or a cloth on the end of my fingers it works great and without a problem.

It's a used phone so swapping it is not an option, but is there some way to fix it? 

You may be able to get someone at a tech. store to fix it. Other than that, I have nothing for you.

If I solved your problem, click the 'Like' button below to give thanks.
Look for my Tutorials if you need any 'Visual' Help.
Don't see a Tutorial you need, request one under the '(New) Forum Tutorials' Topic.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Is it at all possible that it simply needs to be cleaned? If there are a lot of skin oils on the track pad, it can interfer with the ability of the trackpad to sense your finger.

Barring that, try doing a simple battery pull. While the device is on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, reinsert and wait for the device to reboot. Does that help?

If neither of those options help, it may be that the trackpad has some sort of fault. If thats the case, you can take it in to a cellphone repair shop and it shouldn't take them much effort to simply swap the old trackpad out for a new one.

Good luck and I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nancy_C
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

same problem - no solution yet  (mine only works with certain fabrics...bizarre)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lucadug
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: SFR

Same problem, but I've tried everything, every battery pull, every clean

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EE_Ken

Had the same problem on the weekend (4 May 2013).  Have seemed to solve it by:

Remove battery AND SIM Card.  Replace battery and allow to reboot.  After reboot without SIM card I found that the TrackPad worked.  Then replaced SIM card and rebooted again (of course).  After just over 24 hrs powered up I've noticed that the trackpad will lock temporaily usually after I unlock the keypad.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nancy_C

Solution - I bought a new track pad and replaced it.  Working fine, although I have since upgraded to BB Z10 :smileyhappy:

Nancy_C wrote:

same problem - no solution yet  (mine only works with certain fabrics..Bizarre)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
musiclover
My Device: Blackberry 9300

Does this really work?? Will something come up about a SIM card verification number when I put it back in?? I would like to know before I try to fix my blackberry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nancy_C

Definitely worked for me....no issues with the SIM card.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EE_Ken

Musiclover,

As I'm also with Rogers, there are no issues with removing SIM card and then replacing it - I've done this numerous times even over different phones (ie take a SIM card out of one phone and put it in another) and never had any issues.

Ken

Please use plain text.