Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8520

Black Berry Curve Trackpad Won't Move!!! HELP

I just got a blackberry Around January and everything has been working fine up until two weeks ago. My trackpad occassionally froze and i had to smack it around to get it to start working again , and now my phones trackpad won't even move! i contacted rogers support and they were no help what so ever!!!  

can someone please help me!@!!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

Re: Black Berry Curve Trackpad Won't Move!!! HELP

You have to update your Desktop Software to 5.0 ... **you need to do this before any of the following steps**

After that you can to do the following:

A. Back up the BlackBerry smartphone data:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to a computer that has BlackBerry Desktop Software installed.
  2. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  3. Click Backup and Restore.
  4. Select Backup to perform a full backup.
  5. Select a location to save the backup file, and click Save.

B. Use the application loader tool to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone

1. Connect the smartphone to the computer.
  2. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software, and then type the password for the smartphone.
  3. Double-click Application Loader, and then click Next.
  4. On the Device Security Password screen, type the password of the smartphone, and then click Next.
  5. On the Device Application Selection screen, click Next.
  6. On the Completing the Application Loader Wizard screen, click Advanced. The Device Data Preservation screen is displayed.
  7. To delete all application data from the smartphone, select the Erase all application data check box, and then click Next.
  8. Select Do not automatically back up and restore the device application data during the loading process and then click Next.
  9. Click Finish. The smartphone resets. This might take several minutes.

C. Re-install the BlackBerry Device Software using the application loader tool:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  2. Click the Device menu and select Update my device
  3. A dialog box appears and indicates that there are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available. Click View other versions in the lower left corner.
  4. The check box for the currently installed version is selected in the Available Versions list. Click the Install button
  5. Select the check boxes for the appropriate update options and click the Install update button (recommended: backup device data and just that one)
  6. The BlackBerry Device Software is reloaded on the BlackBerry smartphone.

After this procedure you won't have that trackpad issue again....

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

I've had this problem on and off for about 2 months and I've tried all the above at least twice and to no avail. I did try Stevels400 solution (see Scroll Pad not Working!! Help, about three posts above where it is suggested it could be the trackpad screw being loose. I've pressed the steel plate hard as I don't have a small enough screwdriver and my trackpad worked perfectly but this could be temporary unless I get the screw tightened. I found this after I phoned my carrier and they are sending me a replacement phone. Could give it a try.
Contributor
My Device: 8330

You to replace the track pad
My Device: Blackberry 9360

but how can u do that when it wont move for when you put it into the computer to move it up to where it says usb drive or to sync media when mine is stuck at charge only :smileysad:?

HELP ASAP PLEASEEE !!!!!!