Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

sanderella4
My Device: Curve 9350
My Carrier: Telus

Black square clock with minute hand

I don't know what's going on with my phone!  Two days ago it slowed right down and there's a black clock popping up every time I press a key with a minute hand moving......I can't figure out what's going on....I tried deleting old texts and messages thinking that it's slowing down because of that.....but no luck!  Still super slow and the clock pops up every time I press a key.  Help is appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Black square clock with minute hand

Hi sanderella4

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

That Clock  appears when our device undergo Low memory or if any applications run in the background. Perform a hard reboot by removing your battery while the device is powered on and after reboot see if that problem appears .

You can press the menu key for a few seconds  it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) you can see if any other apps. are running .if any application run it may also be the cause of the problem.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open on any active website when not in use.

In addition have you enabled Memory Cleaner on your device?  Options > Security > Memory Cleaner,  is it enabled ? If it is then disable it because  It is also responsible for device  freezing and clocking.Also go through those KB it might help you.

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB10307 : The Hourglass or clock symbol spins continuously on the BlackBerry smartphone

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
sanderella4
My Device: Curve 9350
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Black square clock with minute hand

Thank you!  I will try all of the ideas. 

Please use plain text.