Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
Traci5150
My Device: Curve 8310 (AT&T) OS 4.5

BlackBerry 8310 (brand new out of the box) is having ISSUES!!!!

I finally upgraded from my BB Pearl 8100 to a BB Curve 8310 (my carrier is AT&T and the BB OS is 4.5). I opened the box, plugged in the phone and then after it had a sufficient charge, placed my sim card and my memory card into their designated slots. Quite eager to get going on my phone I used my desktop software to transfer all applications, contacts, messages, etc to my new Curve. Less than 3 minutes later the phone shut itself down and rebooted. I figured it was doing some kind of update.

My phone is still shutting off and rebooting itself repeatedly. It's been two days. It won't shut down if I am typing or browsing, but does if I'm on a call. It's maddening. I had a similar problem with my Pearl when I tried to upgrade the OS from 4.2 to 4.5 and my carrier ended up sending me a new phone after several unsuccessful calls to them and to BlackBerry technical support. My carrier, of course if offering to send me a replacement phone but it would be a refurb. My phone is BRAND NEW. I don't want a refurb model.

Does anyone know what is going on? I have to believe it is something that can be fixed since it has happened before on a different phone. Please help if you can!

-Jinxed

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry 8310 (brand new out of the box) is having ISSUES!!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Typically, the constant reboot cycle is one of a corrupt OS install or a badly behaving add-on app. Since your BB is so new (and you've installed nothing additional onto it, right?), we must assume the former (and we can't do anything about a defect, btw)...which calls for an OS reload. See this article for instructions:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.