Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9320

BlackBerry 9320 unlocking itself randomly

I purchased a BlackBerry 9320 last week, and at the start of this week the phone started to unlock itself when ever it wanted, even if it was on the table and not being touched. I restored the phone to its factory defaults and this has made no difference in trying to resolve the problem. Can anyone help as this is draining my battery which is needed for work.

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: BlackBerry 9320 unlocking itself randomly

Hello Dave

Do you have any 3rd party apps intstalled?
For me it was quick text app, it kept forcing backlight on.
New Contributor
My Device: 9320

I dont have anything installed on the phone, just the updates for facebook twitter and blackberry messenger. :/

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

I noticed with my 8520 it would sometimes come on even though it was not touched. This was when it was new. Which eventually stopped , reason being that newly bought phone still have not settled or rather the Os has not.

Too make sure its not an app , one can boot in safe mode by removing the battery and hold down "back key" when the phone is booting up when the battery is reinserted. You can release the battery once the loading bar is quarter way. This will prevent all 3rd party apps from booting up and monitor from there.

Also even 3 battery pulls without doing a safe boot can solve the issue.