Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jblanc03
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

BlackBerry App World Does nothing after choosing to download an app!

Hello,

I just recently upgraded my blackberry app world to version4.0.0.63

I also had to upgrade my Black Berry Identity to version 5.3.0.14

After doing so evertime i click on an app in Black Berry App world and choose download, I always get the anoying LONG Disclaimer page that i have to scroll for God knows how long! and then when i choose accept, NOTHING happens.  The Please wait sign dissapears instantly and and nothing comes up.  Nothing!

It happens with any app i try to download.

Also , same exact thing happens when i click on MyAppWorld.

I know i am logged in and my account is good because i can go and change my payment options without a problem

Please help as i need to be able to download Chase Bank App!

thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BlackBerry App World Does nothing after choosing to download an app!

Hi jblanc03

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

You can a few things like first clear your Browsing Data ,For that Open your Browser > Press the Menu Key > Options > Clear Browsing Data ( Mark all fields ) then Clear now . Then Perform a battery pull restart like this Device POWERED ON remove the Battery wait for a min. then re - insert it back . wait till device reboots.

After that Open App world > Go to My World  > Hold down the ALT key and then press RST . Then App World shall close . then perform another Battery pull Restart as mentioned above.

After that have a try and see if you are able to download from App World.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jblanc03

Im sorry for getting back to you so late!

What is RST?

and i have tried everything else you mentioned to try with the exception of the RST thing and nothing is working

thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi jblanc03

Sorry I should have explained that on my first post . Open App World > Go to My World > Hold the alt key then press r + s + t on your BlackBerry KeyBoard .Then App World shall close .It will Clear your App World Cache.Then perform a battery pull restart as mentioned on previous post. then have a try.

KB24714  : How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jblanc03

excuse me but how the hell do you do that?

the R and T are too close together and holding Alt on top of that is like next to impossible.

YOu must be skinny as hell or your fingers must be abnormally thin to do this

i am trying and all it does is type in the search field above. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi jblanc03

Sorry man you are having problem , while Holding  the alt key type  R  then type  S key then type  T , no need to type all those three keys at a time.

Hey jblanc03 Believe me I never laugh as much as after reading your comment for me LOL ! No believe me I am not skinny I am a 6 ft. 1inch. Guy . :smileylol:

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jblanc03

im sorry but this is not working,

i am going to appworld then i am scrolling to highlight My App World then when i hold Alt and type R S T all it does is type "3 4 (" in the search field. 

There may be a misunderstanding here, when i try top open My App World it will bring up the Disclaimer.  Then when i press accept it will say please wait, and then nothing.  Same thing when i go to download an app.

So i dont know how you are able to hold ALt and type R S T because as soon as you type anything, it immediatley puts what you type into the Search Field above.

I have tried Clearing out my Browsing History and Cache.  Ive tried rebooting several times.  I ve tried uninstalling and re-installing Appworld and Blackberry ID.  Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi jblanc03

Ok I understand ,If you are unable to Open " My World " then yes those keys will not be able to clear the app world cache and the result will be the same as you are getting.

Have you tried login to App World on your desktop PC ? On there are you able to go to My World ? You can also  Install Application from app world from your Computer :

KB28715 How to Install applications from BlackBerry App World using a Computer system.

And for the problem you are having on your device as this recent version is creating problem I prefer Uninstall this version of App World from your device  KB10040 : How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone. Then from your BlackBerry Browser browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3  and download App World Version 4.0.0.55 .  After Installing  do battery pull restart and then have a try to see if that helps .

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jblanc03

i can do everything fine using my blackberry connected to my laptop on www.blackberryappworld.com

using the plugin and all.

i just finished downloading the app i wanted to download using the website on my laptop.

Why wont it work from within my blackberry?

Please use plain text.