Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Curve 8320 makes "click" nose when call connects!

I've asked T-Mobile this as well and they are cluelss-seems they are clueless about a lot of things these days.

Whenever I place a call, when the other person picks up the line, or voice mail picks up, etc, I hear a "click" in my phone.  The only way I know how to describe it is as if it's some kind of 'connection tone' that the phone is suppose to make when a call connects both ways (caller & callee).  Pretend you are talking on a home phone and someone else in your house picks up one of the other extensions (we all know that sound)...this is the sound the phone makes when a call connects.  Also, the same problem happens if someone calls me, when I answer the phone as I'm saying "Hello", I hear the click!

It's really annoying as it the clicking sound inturrupts my voice or their voice and people are always saying "huh" at the beginning of a phone call.  It only does it at the beginning of a call (not through the call).

I received a replacement phone today (tmobile said the phone was defective), the repalacement phone is doing the same thing!  Is this phone suppose to do this or what?  I can't believe I have 2 bad phones here...

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8320 makes "click" nose when call connects!

That click would be from the FBI, CIA, NSA...or some other govt agency wiretapping. Are you in the mob?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Contact with T-mobile to solve the issue. If required have another replacement and test in front of their support personnel. I should tell you this is not usual from any of the devices I've used.

Regarding wiretapping I'm confused and amazed!!! Well I'm not in their hit list I should say!! Whatever these govt. agencies do they'll definitely not let you understand that!! Isn't it right to say?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Just because you're Paranoid...It doesn't mean they're not all out to get you Smiley Happy
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8300 (EDGE) v4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)
My Carrier: ATT

Right...just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me!  And it can be true sad to say.

Not knowing your circumstances, you could be seeing/dating someone, receiving calls regularly from someone they ARE watching....do they really need a GOOD reason these days? And the carriers are now given a free ticket to go along with it and not be charged with invasion of privacy...so don't expect too much help there. 

What I would consider is to get a totally new phone number. Or a new carrier. My hubby can hear the clicks in a phone as it goes through its connection points and he knows what is going on. If it isn't the "gummint" then it could be phone relays clicking in. Just a thought.

Curve8300 ATT
v4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)