Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jvy777
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 OS v5.0.0.438

BlackBerry Curve 8330 does not charge using the wall cable.

Hello,

I am having a problem with my phone and is that it does not charge using the wall cable.  It does charge with the USB cable when connected to the PC (for now).

The cables are the ones that came with the phone.  The USB port of the phone is fine.  I tested the cable and it works properly.

I think that the OS v5.0.0.438 is causing the phone not to recognize when it is connected to the wall.

I am worried that it is a progressive issue and then the phone will not charge at all.

Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for the USB driver of the phone for it to recognize that is connected.

Thank you.

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8330 does not charge using the wall cable.

Have you tried using another wall charger? Maybe the charger went bad.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
jvy777

Yes I have.

The cable works properly. It is not a cable issue.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

So, the wall charger that you are using is definitely the one that came with the phone? 

If so, and it doesn't charge it is likely a problem with the USB port on the device.  it is possible for it to charge via pc but not wall charger or vice versa as different pins are used while charging with the AC adapter vs. USB.  You either have a bad wall charger or you have a damaged pin on the USB port on the device. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
jvy777

Hello Mr. Clark,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to know a little bit more about your response.  How are the pins in the AC adapter vs. USB different?

It was my understanding that both have the same connection type and amount of pins.  Could you please elaborate on this for me to understand better?

Thank you.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The plug is the same.  However, it uses different pins for usb charging and wall charging.  I've seen a bent pin in the usb port of the device cause the device to charge fine from the wall but not connect to the pc and vice versa. 

If that wall charger charges another BB but won't charge yours then there is something wrong with your USB port on your device. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
copter
My Device: 8830 Curve

I upgarded m OS today.  I have the same exact problem.  The phone will not charge with the cradle and wall charger.  I tried plugging in the cable direct and it doesnt work. I have tried another wall charger and it does not work. I got an error saying it couldnt recognize the driver and to make sure I was using USB power.  This has to be a bug in the OS.

New Contributor
rbenkovic
My Device: Curve 8350

I upgraded to the new OS as well and cannot charge while the phone is on. I have to power down the phone in order charge... very inconvinent. I never would have upgraded if I new this was going to happen. How do you downgrade to the old OS?