Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Curve 8330 will not sync calendar to Google calendar

A) I'm sorry if I'm repeating a question or putting it in the wrong spot. I'm easily confused by these boards. But I have tried to find this exact question and can't seem to so here I go:

I synched my Curve 8330 to my Outlook. Once I did that my entire Outlook calendar was wiped out. I spent an hour on the phone with Blackberry support, to no avail. It seems my Outlook calendar is truly gone. Thinking I'm tricky,I synched my Outlook and Gmail calendars withthe idea that I could then synch my BlackBerry to Gmail and thus retrieve my lost data that's held captive in my BlackBerry. Nice try, didn't work. I downloded the Google sync for BlackBerry. The sync states it's successful...except that it will NOT tranfer the calendar data on my blackberry to my Google calendar.

I'm at my wits and and ready to march this thing back to Verizon. Any ideas?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8330 will not sync calendar to Google calendar

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Do you have a good copy of your calendar on the BB?

Read this regarding your Gmail calendar and Outlook.

http://www.google.com/googlecalendar/new.html

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Also try this http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/sync.html

I just have and it syncs my google calendar with the calendar on my BlackBerry.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks. I tried both of these options. Eventually I deleted the entire handheld calendar, re-entered all the entries in Outlook. I synched my Outlook to google (2 way) and then my google calendar to BlackBerry. Today I noticed that I'm again missing calendar entries in Outlook. Not many but a few. I have now turned off the auto synch between BlackBerry and Google and set up only a one way synch between Outlook and Google. When I want to update something off the handheld I'll synch manually and then check to make sure nothing was deleted. Huge pain. I'm within my 30 days so I might return the phone and try something different.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. It anyone has any other suggestions or has this issue, I'd love to hear

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

I was hoping that you were fixed when we didn't hear back!

On your blackberry go to OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/DEFAULT SERVICES

You should see two entries a CIMIE and a CICAL .

Both of these should be associated with the email address calendar you want to

use. So the default calendar is your main calendar that ALL data goes to and comes from.

Now go to the calendar and select OPTIONS/CALENDAR OPTIONS on that first page,

you will find in BOLD type Calendars the calendar listed should be your email calendar.

Click on that calendar and make sure that wireless sync is off and at the very bottom,

Under number of entries the count corresponds to your full calendar. If there are any

other calendars there, check the for wireless off, and number of entries.

Let me know what you see,

Thanks

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter