Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: 441202388849

BlackBerry Curve 8520 White Screen, PIN Unknown

Hi there

I am trying to do up a free BlackBerry I got given for my friends son.  I have put a new screen and keypad on it, but when I turn it on, it just turns on to a white screen, no matter what.

After a bit of googling I found it referred to as a "white screen of death", and that I should install the latest Desktop Software and OS, which I have done.

I have followed the instructions (take out the battery, connect USB to computer, etc) but then it asks for the Unlock Pin. I have entered the PIN off the side of the box, which it did not accept.

I am wondering where else I might find the Unlock Pin?

Also, is this the best way of getting rid of the white screen and getting the phone back to working order.

I've got it all looking nice before I give it to the kid, now I just need it to work!

The former owner said they did a system restore before they gave it to me, and i'm not worried about wiping out any/all existing information, as the phone is going to someone else, so any help about how to get it back in working order will be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

Nivek

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: 441202388849

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8520 White Screen, PIN Unknown

I found out the PIN.

I have installed the latest OS, followed all the instructions here with AppLoader and Loader and running updates from Desktop Software and installing the updates from the carrier...

Still nothing.  I have a white screen.  If I turn it off, it lights up with a white screen, turn it on it lights up with a white screen.  I have charged it, and it's sat there charging with a white screen.

When I turn it off it flashes the red LED in the corner, if I turn it on, it flashes green (well i'm assuming it's off and on, I don't really know...)

Any help at all?

Niv