Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

FlowerChick
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

BlackBerry Curve 8900 Locked - Not Accepting Password - I'm Original/Only Owner of Device

Hello - I'm brand new to this Forum.  I've had my Blackberry Curve 8900 since September of 2009 (original owner) and this is only my second problem with the phone. (My trackball gave out last July, but I had it fixed and it is good as new).

Anyway, I received an email this morning to update the password for my email account (Hotmail) and I updated via my settings on the phone. Then 10 minutes later my phone locked and asked for a password. I recently updated my Blackberry ID password and received a confirmation. Now when I enter this password into my phone to unlock it...I keep getting the message that it is "incorrect" and how many tries I have left out of 10 (it says information will be erased if one more wrong attempt). I already have done this 9 times and it keeps getting rejected.  I only have one attempt left and I'm extremely frustrated. Isn't this password the same as the BlackBerry ID password? What else can I do? Help!  Now all I can do is make call & receive calls. I'm unable to check email or text messages since phone is locked.  Please help!

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8900 Locked - Not Accepting Password - I'm Original/Only Owner of Device

Hello FlowerChick

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your issue. 

Before you made any changes did you use a password to lock your device? If so then this would be the password you need to enter. Hope this helps. Let us know if we can help out in any other way. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8900 Locked - Not Accepting Password - I'm Original/Only Owner of Device

Hey FlowerChick,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To clarify is the BlackBerry asking for your BlackBerry ID and password or the device password? These are not the same, if it is requesting your BlackBerry ID password it would say 'Enter your BlackBerry ID and Password'

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.