Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Riley17
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Koodo

BlackBerry Curve 9320....HELP

My new BB Curve requires me to register my device daily (or take battery out) in order for BBM to work off WIFI. I am sure there is a setup issue. I have been back to my serice provided and they are not helpful only giving me a new SIM card one day and a new urve the next. Anyone have any ideas how  I can correct this issue befr I give up?

Thank-you

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9320....HELP

So, BBM works when on the cellular network but not on wifi?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Riley17

Other way around...works on wifi but not on cellular.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That is going to be an issue you have to work out with your provider. Not much we can do there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Riley17

My provider has exchanged the SIM Card, Gave me a new phone and now is saying that I should consider a new phone (non BB)... The BBM works off wifi if I take out and replace battery or if I register the device through Host Rotining Table. Could there be an issue with the device being "re-registered" if that is possible?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Unfortunately, your provider is blaming RIM (BlackBerry) for something that is likely not RIM's fault. This is an odd problem and I would recommend calling them back and pressing them to escalate the case to RIM. It is no cost to you to do this, however, many carriers don't like to do it so you have to press them hard to get it done. They can work together with your carrier to figure out the problem and solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Riley17

Thanks John...That is what I will do and hopefully they will resolve the issue.
Please use plain text.