Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Chrissie24
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Curve 9320 phone charger blew up during charge.

I put my BlackBerry Curve 9320 on charge this morning as the battery was running a bit low. Plugged it into a wall socket and after 1 hour the charger went pop! Luckily I was sitting right next to it and switched the charger off at the mains before unplugging it. Used the USB cable that came with the phone and plugged it into my laptop (I know very risky) and hey presto the phone was OK so was the USB cable so the fault was the charger plug! Wall socket was OK as my other half is an electrician and told me that the wall socket was OK too. I am waiting for a new charger to be delivered by Royal Mail as I type this. Have many people who have this phone had the same problem? I was just lucky in that I was able to disconnect it straight away without any damage to the phone thank god.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kumar_krish
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9320 phone charger blew up during charge.

it isn't the chargers problem....it msy have blown due to sudden voltage fluctuation....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chrissie24
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9320 phone charger blew up during charge.

Yes, tat is what thought too. Usually use a surge protected socket but used a regular wall socket that day without thought. My partner is an electrician and told me that the socket used was ok, the USB cable was ok but the damage was done to the charger and saved the phone thank god! My other half, with my permission opened the charger and one of the components was burnt out and stank! Have since had the charger replaced and had a free USB cable included in with the package which i`ll keep as a spare.
Please use plain text.