Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

BlackBerry Curve 9360 - BAD music experience /snap/crackle/pop/click

I recently came to the BlackBerry bandwagon, as iPhones have really disappointed me.

But this is not much better. Everything else on the phone is perfect. Except for the music player.

When using the built in music player, I've noticed some serious problems occur through headphones.

You can't notice it through the device speaker, but when using headphones the phone seems to be mixing 'clicks', 'pops' and 'crackles' into the music which ruins the listening experience. This is not affected by the volume level, and replaying the songs result in the artifacts appearing in different places in the song. This happens in every song regardless if it's a M4A, MP3 or FLAC file. It definately does not happen when played on another device.

Thinking it could be the memory card, I played a song from the phone's internal memory which exhibited the same problems. I have a 32GB MicroSDHC card in the phone.

This is my second Curve 9360, my first one was faulty as it was getting dust underneath the screen. It also had this same audio problem. The device's software is 7.1.0.714

Music files were placed onto the memory card using a memory card reader. I cannot sync songs using BlackBerry Desktop Manager because some of my iTunes library is in the ALAC format which BlackBerries cannot play and instead I have FLAC versions of the songs for the BlackBerry.

Music is organised like this:
[Memory card root]/Artists/[Artist]/[Album]/[track].m4a

[Memory card root]/Artists/[Artist]/[Album]/folder.jpg

[Memory card root]/FLAC/[Artist]/[Album]/[track].flac

etc.

Can anybody work out how to solve this? It's driving me mad, and I admire BlackBerry for their FLAC support.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9360 - BAD music experience /snap/crackle/pop/click

Hello Someone7272, 

Welcome to the forums. 

If you try and listen to music from YouTube do you get the same issue? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for the response.
Most music videos are blocked from mobile viewing on YouTube but videos steamed from the Vevo mobile site and music videos played off the memory card do not seem to
New Contributor

... Exhibit the problem
Dunno why my post got cut off there...