Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Globe Telecom
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Curve heating

I have a BlackBerry Curve 9320. I had issues with it recently. I always charge my phone while it is turned off. During the last 3 days, I have noticed that it will heat up when I am asleep and not using it, and it only takes several hours for the battery to be drained. I am sure that no applications are running in the background, no updates, I always perform a hard reset. Can you please help me? Thank you

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: BlackBerry Curve heating

Hello tintintin23,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Some time our BlackBerry devices may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging Or if applications run in the background . If we press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) you can always look if any other apps. are running in the background.

Also always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application. Don't leave your Browser open when not in use. If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage. Please have a look at those Article I hopeit will help you a lot in overcoming your problems  :

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use

Hi there,

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Setting > BlackBerry Device analyzer > Run the Battery test to know about the issue .

Or on your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management . Move your trackpad right or left within it show CPU Usuages , it will atleast give you an idea which application is using your resources .

Check it and see if any app is responsible for the issue .

Regading Charging issue , our BlackBerry Battery are lithium ion battery it won't take too much time to charge , it can attain a full charge ( 100% ) within 2hrs. If your device is taking too much time then be sure you have connected to a wall socket which has a good and constant power supply .Or you have to visit your service provider to check if it's a hardware fault.

VIA | Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Still-heating-up-and-battery-drains-out/m-p/...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for taking your time to reply. HOwever, I close applications properly all the time. I press and hold the Menu button and there are no applications as the heating happens when I'm asleep. It has happened 5 times since I bought the phone and all those times happened while I was asleep so I am not using any applications even in the background. 

I feel my phone heating when I'm browsing the internet or playing games but this time, the heating (when I am asleep) is of a different level. It's close to Overheating.

Just last week, my phone's battery life last 4 days.

I also tried going to Device Analyzer but all it shows me is the usage graph for the past week, no details why it happened.

Help please.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Hi,

the best way to upgrade  is google your BB model

and download the latest O/S available.

it doesnt have to be from your carrier, you can use O/S from any carrier you like.

- install DM and O/S on your PC

- download BBsak and install on your PC

- backup your BB twice using DM, in case one of them is corrupt.

- Run BBsak and choose "wipe device" , wait untill you get error 507

- go to my computer -  local disk C - program files - common files - Research In Motion -

Apploader and delete Vendor XML

- double click on Loader, and just install the new O/S

- once its done, reboot the BB, then using DM to restore your back up

- done !

VIA |

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello tintintin23,

You can use that OS.Just follow the steps below:

You will need a PC, an internet connection, your BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable to implement all this.

This is how i upgrade my BlackBerry and ill make this simple and straight forward as possible.

1. Uninstall first any BlackBerry software that you previously installed on your PC, as it may and will conflict with the guide

2. Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and install it.

3. Download your specific and latest BlackBerry device OS or any other official BlackBerry software download page and install it.

Official BB OS download portal:

Note: If the OS that you are downloading is from your official carrier, skip step 4, if you got it from other carriers – read on brother.

4. Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders (Click My Computer > Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, else you can look for the two vendor.xml manually thru

- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader)

- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username) – On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.

Thanks.

Good luck!

Credits and Guide: sdgardne Hall of Famer II

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

But will this not cause any other issues with my phone?

Or is resetting all the settings not an option in this case? 

Thanks.

New Contributor

Hi. I just realized that I installed an app last weekend and my phone started heating up. So as you advised, I checked on the CPU Usage and I saw that it ate up a lot of usage time, so I uninstalled it and my phone is now working fine. Thanks, I appreciate it

My Device: 1202
My Carrier: Blackberry

I feel my phone heating when I'm browsing the internet or playing games but this time, the heating (when I am asleep) is of a different level. It's close to Overheating.