04-25-2013 06:15 AM
I have created a BlackBerry ID (linked to a valid email address) and I have my password.....
However, every single time I want to log into the above, it KEEPS on giving me a message "An error has occurred. Please try again later."
I have changed/reset my password (a zillion times), writing the passwords done - to make sure that I have the correct one. But STILL!!! It just doesn't allow me to log in.
1. I DO NOT have a back-up on my phone's information (contact details etc.) linked to my laptop.
2. I can NEVER update app's or download new app's from the BB App World.
I have tried BUT everything for the last 4 months already and this is extremely frustrating..... with NO success.
SOS!!!! Please HELP!!
04-25-2013 06:32 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
So you're trying to setup BlackBerry ID on your device ! Can you confirm if you have BlackBerry Data Plan in your account from your Carrier Vodacom ?
let us know.
04-25-2013 08:02 AM
On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = what is the status ?
04-25-2013 08:28 AM
That Good !
OK , On your BlackBerry smartphone can you check if you have set the correct date, time, and time zone ? To do that :
For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software 6.0:
1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Display > Date and Time >set the Update Time field to Automatic.
2. Press the Menu key, and select Update Time
3. Press the Menu key, and select Save
04-25-2013 08:40 AM
Now reboot your device by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min then reinsert it back . After reboot :
Register your Handheld .
Then try to enter your BlackBerry ID on your device .
KB24062 : How to Create a BlackBerry ID
04-25-2013 09:38 AM
1. I did the "power off" thing.
2. I registered the BlackBerry. The "Hosting Routing Table" had a few options.......I was not sure which one to pick - so I chose "GPRS ZA (655) (65500130)". However, there are about 4-5 different options. Even a Wi-Fi option.
3. I tried with MUCH difficulty to "create" a BBID. NO SUCCESS!!! Cause it says that one already exist (it is obviously picking up my username - which is my e-mail address). So I went to check my BBID - and, jip!!!! Its me!!! - there was however no "first name & last name" entered. So I updated my profile. But that is optional information, it is not really needed.