Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
david88

BlackBerry ID email incorrect and forgotten password - oops!

Oops! I have just tried logging in with my BlackBerry ID, discovered I had forgotten my password, then realised my BB ID email address was incorrect, and am not sure what to do next. I am a new BlackBerry owner. My software is version 7.1.

(1) Is there an alternative to backing up, wiping all my custom settings, new apps, docs, pics, and other data, including my old BB ID, then starting again? If so please give instructions that an **bleep** (I have ADHD) can follow.

(2) Or, could someone point me to an idiots guide that makes it seem less scary than it does right now...

Thanks guys.

Please use plain text.
bbde1
My Carrier: ATT

Re: BlackBerry ID email incorrect and forgotten password - oops!

I have the same problem, but I typed the wrong email addy in and now can't even fix that . I can't update my phone and my tex messages are wack.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
david88

Re: BlackBerry ID email incorrect and forgotten password - oops!

After a lot of Googling, I discovered I just had to bite the bullet;

1. Backup BB to my desktop pc
  2. Security Wipe
  3. Pray!
  4. Restore from desktop
  5. Enter *carefully* my correct email and a secure password

And it worked! I use Linux, so I had to use the Open Source 'Barry' backup app. All my contacts, calendars, tasks, playlists, docs, etc are all back and everything working. And I can now install upgrades to pre-installed apps, and try out new apps from BB App World. Backups are always a good thing, especially now I know the restore option really works! Now I am a happy BlackBerry user again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.