Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
mac__97
My Device: BlackBery Curve 9320
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Messenger Install 5916 KB Blocked -

I have been trying to install BBM on my curve 9320 since I got it (beginning of June). Went to my local dealer to only be advised that I would need to connect my phone to the pc and I will be all set. Well today I updated all my software ( 7.1 Bundle 1319) and now when I try to download the messenger through pc (I'm having issues with BB world too) I get BlackBerry Messenger Installed 5916 KB Blocked.

Could someone please help as I am getting really frustrated with my BB.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BlackBerry Messenger Install 5916 KB Blocked -

Hello mac-97

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you first confirm if you already hold an active BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS in your account from your Carrier Bell Mobility ? 

Are you using other BlackBerry Services like personal emails without any issues ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mac__97

I do have a data Plan with my current provider which is a total of 100MB... Only other services I am suing with the blackberry at the moment is txting and apps that I have downloaded (free games) with out any issues.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey mac_97

Let me clear again ... To use BlackBerry Messenger , personal emails and many other Proprietary BlackBerry Services we need a Specific BlackBerry Data Plan also know as BIS from our respective Carrier , a normal data plan from our Carrier will not allow those application to work even over wifi !

On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what you see ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mac__97

As of right now it says "no connected " but then again I am in the basement running off my wifi. Would that make a difference my wifi ??
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Even to use BBM over a wifi network we still need BIS from our Carrier . 

If you think you're in an area where you have a low coverage then please go upstairs or move to an area where you have a decent Network coverage and see what it shows , if you see the same result then you're lacking BIS , which you need to activate from your Carrier Bell.

Please confirm it and let us know.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mac__97

I am currently in the process of contacting them now to find this out. I will post the answers as soon I get them. Thanks for all your help this far... I'll reply soon
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Sure .. that is indeed a good idea :smileyhappy:

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mac__97

So you were right Prince2012 I didn't have what my provider would call a BlackBerry Data Plan. I have since made some changes in hopes that everything will work correctly. I will keep ya posted on whether I have technical issues. Thanks so much for the help as I had asked for help from many BB users and they were not able to figure it out. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mac__97

So I am now trying to get bbm on my phone and I'm still getting the same error msg. I'm going to try an post the link so you can see what I am seeing and maybe have a solution. https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/myworld/download/?cid=1&countrycode=CA&lang=en&platform=BBO...
Please use plain text.