If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
mac__97
My Device: BlackBery Curve 9320
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Messenger Install 5916 KB Blocked -

I have been trying to install BBM on my curve 9320 since I got it (beginning of June). Went to my local dealer to only be advised that I would need to connect my phone to the pc and I will be all set. Well today I updated all my software ( 7.1 Bundle 1319) and now when I try to download the messenger through pc (I'm having issues with BB world too) I get BlackBerry Messenger Installed 5916 KB Blocked.

Could someone please help as I am getting really frustrated with my BB.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BlackBerry Messenger Install 5916 KB Blocked -

Hello mac-97

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you first confirm if you already hold an active BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS in your account from your Carrier Bell Mobility ? 

Are you using other BlackBerry Services like personal emails without any issues ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mac__97

I do have a data Plan with my current provider which is a total of 100MB... Only other services I am suing with the blackberry at the moment is txting and apps that I have downloaded (free games) with out any issues.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey mac_97

Let me clear again ... To use BlackBerry Messenger , personal emails and many other Proprietary BlackBerry Services we need a Specific BlackBerry Data Plan also know as BIS from our respective Carrier , a normal data plan from our Carrier will not allow those application to work even over wifi !

On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what you see ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mac__97

As of right now it says "no connected " but then again I am in the basement running off my wifi. Would that make a difference my wifi ??
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Even to use BBM over a wifi network we still need BIS from our Carrier . 

If you think you're in an area where you have a low coverage then please go upstairs or move to an area where you have a decent Network coverage and see what it shows , if you see the same result then you're lacking BIS , which you need to activate from your Carrier Bell.

Please confirm it and let us know.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mac__97

I am currently in the process of contacting them now to find this out. I will post the answers as soon I get them. Thanks for all your help this far... I'll reply soon
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Sure .. that is indeed a good idea :smileyhappy:

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mac__97

So you were right Prince2012 I didn't have what my provider would call a BlackBerry Data Plan. I have since made some changes in hopes that everything will work correctly. I will keep ya posted on whether I have technical issues. Thanks so much for the help as I had asked for help from many BB users and they were not able to figure it out. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mac__97

So I am now trying to get bbm on my phone and I'm still getting the same error msg. I'm going to try an post the link so you can see what I am seeing and maybe have a solution. https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/myworld/download/?cid=1&countrycode=CA&lang=en&platform=BBO...
Please use plain text.