Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
PinoyAkoBakit
My Device: BlackBerry RIM Curve 9220
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry RIM Curve 9220 - Vibrate Profile does not work.

Hi RIM!::Yes:

I have my RIM Curve 9220 for a half month now and the Vibrate Profile suddenly does not work.

I have tried Soft Reset, Double Soft Reset and finally what I hated most is the Hard Reset.

This phone is great but, with that issue, I maybe think twice. Please help RIM.:Helpsmilie:

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BlackBerry RIM Curve 9220 - Vibrate Profile does not work.

Hi PinoyAkoBakit,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Can you please clarify what you mean by a soft reset, double soft reset and hard reset?

I would suggest clearing your Sounds/Profiles database and setting up your notifications again manually, without restoring these settings from a backup file.This KB article provides the steps to do this. "How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/JtQKcw

If this does not resolve the issue, please try to back up your data and perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.
For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
PinoyAkoBakit
My Device: BlackBerry RIM Curve 9220

Hi BlackBerry Technical AdvisorFrankieS!

BlackBerry Technical Advisor

A Soft Reset is by pressing the Left Alt + Right Shift and Delete keys at the same time. The Double-Soft is by performing the steps (Left Alt + Right Shift and Delete) two times which the second one is when the BB reboot. The Hard Reset is by removing the battery while the BB is On and wait for approximately 20~ seconds. I don't know I just followed the steps on some forum with full of BB users. I have tried setting up my notifications again manually to no avail. The back is no help at all, I don't know why :Dots: Moving forward, I'll try your suggestion and I hope it helps, FrankieS. However, if your suggestions didn't help, what would be my next steps? Just asking in advanced. Thanks for the effort FrankieS! :Clap:

Regards,

PinoyAkoBakit

notifications again manually

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi PinoyAkoBakit,

If my last suggestion of a clean software reload and testing without restoring any data from your backup file does not resolve the issue with your Vibrate profile, then it would not be a software related issue. In that case, I would advise contacting your wireless provider for other options.

Thanks,

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!