Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Chrissie24
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry World issue. Not recognising my phone so that i can't download apps!!

Hello. I have an issue with BlackBerry World when i try to download an app for my BlackBerry Curve 9320. I click on the download button and then get a message to connect my phone which i then do but no more progress! What am i doing wrong? I have the BlackBerry Desktop on my laptop and can use that fine for backing up but if i want to buy an app i have to go to BlackBerry World on my phone which sometimes is a bit annoying. HELP!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry World issue. Not recognising my phone so that i can't download apps!!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

No error message? Nothing but "no more progress"?

I recommend you do the following:

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package that is presently running on your device:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • KB23393 How to check the model number and version of the operating system on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now try installing via PC/USB apps from BBWorld. Further reference materials are here:

• KB31325 How to install or update the BlackBerry App World application using a computer system
  • KB28715 How to Install applications from BlackBerry App World using a computer system

If there was more detail to the error message presented, you might also be able to look that up in the public KBs.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chrissie24

Re: BlackBerry World issue. Not recognising my phone so that i can't download apps!!

Thanks for contacting me. I shall try to do what you suggest and get back to you to let you know how things end up. This is an ongoing issue for me since day one of having the mobile and i am now finding it very annoying. It is jsut the window freezing when i click on the download button and it asks me to connect my device and i do but doesn't progress any further! Anyway i shall try your suggestions and get back to you. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chrissie24

I have done as you suggested but the problem remains plus I can't find the SYNC NOW button to go any further! Where is the Sync Now button? Sorry for sounding a bit thick or dim.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sync Now? Oh...you must be attempting the tethered (USB/PC Browser) method of using AppWorld. Please try the on-device AppWorld client...if that works, then there is something about your PC configuration that might need correcting. But, if that doesn't work, then there may be something else wrong.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chrissie24

App World works fine on my phone but not when I try to download from the App World on through the internet on my laptop! That`s the problem, if I go to App World using the internet on my laptop, find an app that want, click the download button it then asks me to connect my device which do then it kind of freezes and won`t go any further. I then have to remember where on App World the app was and download it on my phone instead! Very annoying at times. It would be nice to be able to download an app or a theme from App World on my laptop sometimes as the screen is bigger and can be seen better.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, I've already given you everything I can think of regarding correcting the ability of your PC and AppWorld to properly communicate with each other...the Desktop Software/BBOS package reinstallation to your PC should properly enable the PC and the BB to communicate with each other. Does the Desktop Software properly communicate with your BB?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.