Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Bold - 9780

[BlackBery Curve 9360] Can't upload pics on Official Facebook App of BlackBerry

Hi everyone,

I can not upload pictures on Facebook/Twitter (official App for BlackBerry) through Wi-Fi, when I try to upload it throught my wifi it says:

"You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to wifi network or contact your service proveder to upgrade your data"

I have not activated any service plan on my Blackberry at the moment even I have not activated GPRS on my Sim.

BUT, I can upload pictures on twitter via Uber.

I live in Pakistan

Set name: BlackBerry Curve - 9360

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Subhan
http://twitter.com/Subh4nHB
Contributor

Re: [BlackBery Curve 9360] Can't upload pics on Official Facebook App of BlackBerry

BUMP*

Regards,
Subhan
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BUMP once again.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

If memory serves me correctly, the official FB app requires subscription to an adequate BB-specific data plan from your carrier, regardless of the pathway (e.g., carrier data network vs. WiFi) you use it with. Hence, what you are seeing is likely WAD -- Working As Designed. The reason it works for you with Twitter is that Uber is not the official BB Twitter app, and merely needs access to the Internet to function, which it receives via your WiFi. But, FaceBook requires both access to the Internet plus an active BB-level data plan from your carrier. As a substitute, you can use the FB mobile site via the BB Browser.

The latest FB app can work just fine on a BB with no data plan, via WiFi only.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Well, but the scene here is that Picture is not uploading from my WiFi device but it's uploading from my friend's wifi device and let me clear this that we both have different company's wifi and also Facebok is not working good via my Wireless network.
Regards,
Subhan
Hall of Famer II

[ Edited ]

Ummm...what? Sorry, but that was not quite clear...and also seems to contain new information that you left out earlier. So, there are two BBs in question here?

I can't say what is going on with your friends BB, but you said you had no data plan, so that means that the FB app should not function for you. Further, if you both are on different WiFi, then that certainly could explain why your friends works better than yours...perhaps the WiFi you are on is just not as good?

Again, without a proper data plan from your carrier, the FB app should not work under any circumstances. The mobile FB site is the way to use FB in that situation. I have no way to know what is going on with your friend.

The latest FB app should work just fine on a BB with no data plan and via WiFi only.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

You didn't get my point.

Let me clear;

My friend doesn't have a Blackberry.

I have one blackberry (curve, 9360)

And Facebook doesn't work fine in my Blackberry device via my WiFi (Wi-Tribe, Pakistan)

But it works FINE on my friend's WiFi device (PTCL, Pakistan)

I went to my friend's home and I uploaded the pics thru official facebook app for blackberry and picture uploaded succesfully and Facebook was working fine too without any errors.

So my question is that:

Why I can't upload pics through my WiFi? Why it gives me this error?

"You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to wifi network or contact your service proveder to upgrade your data"

Should I change the settings of my WiFi device? I also tried to reset the device but nothing happened.

Hope you got my point now.

Thanks.

Regards,
Subhan
Hall of Famer II

Yes, I did not understand you...I'm still not sure I do, but tell me if this is correct or not. With your BB on your friends WiFi network, you can use the official FB app just fine. But, with your BB on your own WiFi network, you cannot. Correct?

If so, that is really really odd...and must have something to do with the WiFi network itself. You will need to check the differences between your two WiFi routers, firewalls, and internet services to figure out why. Strange...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

With your BB on your friends WiFi network, you can use the official FB app just fine. But, with your BB on your own WiFi network, you cannot. Correct?

Yes correct.

Yeah.. it's a strange problem :smileyfrustrated: .. I even called my ISP, they said they don't know about it.. :lol:

Regards,
Subhan
Hall of Famer II

OK...so I happen to have a BB that has no data plan and is therefore WiFi only. I must take back all that I said above...the FB app version that I am using (3.3.0.11) works perfectly fine with no data plan. Sorry about that...they keep changing what will and will not work without a data plan on the BB...it used to be that FB would not, but that clearly changed, and I'd just not tested it until now. I will edit my posts above accordingly.

Nevertheless, there is something odd about your own WiFi network that is blocking this...I've no idea what, but something.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

By the way, is there any option on Blackberry which notify us about any open wifi network.. ?

Suppose, i go to a Cafe and there's a wireless network.. and I don't know about it so wud my blackberry give me notification about open wifi network .. ?

I'm sorry if i'm asking these silly questions.. I'm a new blackberry user. 

I used android and it has so easy operating system .. and I wanted something new and different =P

Regards,
Subhan