Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 101

I went from a Treo to a Blackbery and there are just some things I can't figure out.  I hope it's okay to ask more than 1 question in a post.

1.  How do you access the internet to type in your own address?  I can only seem to access the internet through emails I received.

2.  Is there a way to include smilies in your text?

3.  How do you send pictures via text?  It only gives the option of email or bluetooth?

I'm sure I have more but this is all I can think of right now.

Thanks for any help provided.

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Blackberry 101

What is your device and what software are you running?  Also who is your wireless carrier?

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

1. Do you have a browser icon on your device? If you go into that, you can hit your menu key, and choose Go To. That will allow you to type in a web address
  2. Smiles will only appear in the BlackBerry Messenger, or if you have an IM client (Google talk, AIM, etc)
  3. On a BlackBerry it's called MMS. Depending on your carrier (Sprint comes to mind) you may not have this feature. If you go into your Messages icon, hit your menu button, and see if you have a choice to Compose MMS
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you so much for the responses.  Yes, my carrier is Sprint and I don't see the MMS in the messages.

They need to change that.  I miss my smilies.:smileysad::smileyhappy: