Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 8310 and You Tube

Trying to view videos on You Tube from Blackberry 8310.  Can get into site without incident, but when trying to view a video, get error message "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld.  Please try a different URL".

Has anyone else had and then solved this problem? 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry 8310 and You Tube

hello,

you can't view Youtube or DailyMotion vids unless you upgrade the Handheld device Software OS. I believe you have 4.2.2, and 4.5 is required to be able to view streaming videos.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thank you so much!!  One question - is this 4.5 release available yet?  If so, where would I go to get it.  I just contacted AT&T (wireless provided), and they are clueless...
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Think I read somewhere on these forums that the AT&T release is the 23rd of this month. Looking forward to that day myself  Smiley Happy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

I will keep my eyes open!!  Thank you so much!!
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Just check on this page and choose AT&T as your carrier at the bottom: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Visitor

I have the same problem with my 8330 from Verizon.  Anyone have any suggestions?  The post above mine led me to a site where verizon is sending out V4.3, and I am already running with V4.3.0.127.  thx

I literally just got my BB.  Out of the box, it is V4.2.2.170.  You state above that in order to view you tube videos, I need to download V4.5.  I checked the website you referenced, and chose AT&T as my carrier.  The only option they have for the Curve 8310 is the one I currently have on my BB (V 4.2).    What do I do? 

Thanks in advance. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=17695&jump=true

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: