Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry 8330 Curve Hourglass Problems

Hi,

Let me know how it goes,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shawndburg
My Device: Not Specified

i didnt notice it right away, but after i reloaded my phone the browser seems to be hidden. i tried to get there through facebook and a message pops up and says "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device." Do you know how to get it back?
Please use plain text.
Developer
hmeister
My Device: 9000

shawndburg wrote:
i didnt notice it right away, but after i reloaded my phone the browser seems to be hidden. i tried to get there through facebook and a message pops up and says "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device." Do you know how to get it back?

Hi...

If your using BIS, you can repush your service books. This should fix your issue. How are you currently setup for email?

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shawndburg

im not sure how to technically explain it..... all i know is i have a personal and school email on my phone and they are working fine. 
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

I would try going to OPTIONS, ADVANCED OPTIONS- HOST ROUTING TABLES click to enter, press menu key, select register now.

This will push out the vendors configs. You will see a verification email. You will also get new service books sent.

I would then do the battery pull, and see if your functions return.

Thanks,

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shawndburg

thanks for everything. my phone is working fine now.
Please use plain text.
formulafit

I have read every post I could find on the hour glass problem with curves. I could not find a cure so I started looking through my phone and went to every application, once I got to the Face Book application I tried to disconnect through options and found that It locked the phone up and had to pull the battery. I tried this 3 times and it kept locking up to i connected my phone to the desk top manager and deleted the application. The phone rebooted and wow the hour glass problem was gone, my phone also would not charge and the battery was draining very fast. Now that the face book application has been removed all my emails from the day have arrived, my text messages have arrived. Nothing was working except the phone. going to try the reinstall option on the phone for face book and see if it happens again, so for all of you that have or are having this concern and replacing phones try this option and let everyone else know if it worked or ?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

The good news it you searched and tried a resolution first!

That putt's you a leg up already :smileyhappy:

The bad news, Many carriers (Verizon in my case) apparently have a deal with some apps, Facebook being one,

As soon as your carrier, or you. have to resend service books, Facebook will be right back! I created a folder on my home screen to

all the Icons I don't use. Keeps it neat, and I don't hit one by mistake,

I don't think that was the cause of your problem though.

Was your hourglass spinning before you deleted Facebook?

If so , why don't you open a thread, be as specific as possible about what happened.

That way more users will see your thread, you will get more advice, and a potentially

quicker resolution,

Sound Good?

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-03-2008 08:55 PM

Please use plain text.
dibilus

Does anyone know how to delete multiple messages from the facebook application?  I just received over 1500 of the same photo comment!  Do I need to cancel the application, and then add it later?
Please use plain text.