Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Mopars1
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 8330 screen remains lit all the time.

My new 8330 screen was darkening properly for a few weeks and now stays lit all the time. I have adjusted the timeout time to several settings and saved the settings before exiting and nothing works. My battery is suffering! Please, has anyone had the same problem and solved the mystery? I did a search before posting this.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Blackberry 8330 screen remains lit all the time.

Hi Mopars and Welcome to the forums!!

First step in Blackberry troubleshooting:

• Have the device in front of you turned ON.
  • Make sure it is not plugged into the AC charger or USB charger.
  • Turn it over and take out the battery, WHILST THE DEVICE IS TURNED ON.
  • Pop the battery back in and wait for it to load back up automatically.

See if this helps the situation!

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mopars1
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks bumblepie. While I was doing some more searching on the site before I returned to this post I did just that on a whim and it worked! You are correct and I appreciate your help!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

No worries!! That's what we are here for!!

If at ever point u have a niggly feeling that ur device is being a little weird, the battery pull is ur best friend!

:womanvery-happy:

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.