Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Maciej_K
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry 8520 Curve latest Software version??

Hello Guys,

it's my first post here so I do apologize in advance if topic was already on the forum.

For past few days I was trying to get latest version to my handheld after it crashed . . . Using Blackberry Desktop Manager i was able to update it to Os 5.0.0.681 (Bundle1168). Is there a newer verion of software I can download and install?? Would you be able to advise in that matter?? I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance
Maciej

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry 8520 Curve latest Software version??

Different carriers, like Tmobile, release different versions of the handheld device operating software. The one you have installed is the latest from Tmobile.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Maciej_K

Thanks,

Follow up question. Deos that matter which carrier's software you install?? Can I install newer version that came out from AT&T for example??

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Yes, you can. There's no problem with that, I have done so for years, and many do.

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

Note: Some users might worry they will void their device warranty by loading an OS from another carrier. There is really nothing to worry about. Please read more information on that here: http://www.port3101.org/power-users/296-blackberry-os-upgrade-including-betas-myths-dispelled.html

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Maciej_K

Grand!

Thanks a lot J!!!

I appreciate your help!! Don't be suprised if I ask for your help in near future :smileywink: :smileywink:

Have a good one!!

M.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Sure, post back if needed.

You're welcome.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Maciej_K

Hello J ....your help is needed sooner that I have expected :smileyhappy:
So . . . I've downloaded 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1728_PL5.2.0.96_A5.0.0.1067_AT_T which is the latest version BB8520 software. But my problem just got bit mor coplicated. I've installed the package rebooted the PC and tried to upgrade my BB. Sadly I was not able to. Using Blackberry Desktop manager  update option I only get bundle 1168 version and nothing pass that. I've followed all available instructions from the inthernet including one with AppLoader and removing vendor file but I'm not able to get my bb upgraded to latest downloaded version . . .:smileysad: Did I miss an obvious step?? am I that dumb?? Please advise

Thanks a million!!  
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Did you UNinstall any other upgraded files on your PC? Look at the Control Panel > Add/Remove programs. Keep only the release you intend to install.

Here are the instructions again.

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Maciej_K

I've tried on two separate PCs. Same thing happens. I've run all instructions and nothing happens BB doesn't update t newer version. I've installed Software, made sure that no other ver is installed. Still nothing. Any extra ideas? If not I'll quit updating that device. BB 8520 drives me crazy. I think i'm gonna change to 8900:smileyhappy: anyone has one for sale??:smileyhappy::smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
mianhabibali
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: +923334480866

Blackberry 8520 Curve latest Software version??

Hello.

Dear

I have install BB 8520 device softwear 5v

some issue in wifi i reinstall verion 4.

now i want to reinstall v5 but not how i can ...? there is some mesg recoonet uploder reset ur divce cable ..

Plz help me.

Regards

Mian Habib Ali

Please use plain text.