Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Natala
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8520 Help With email

Hi,

I’ve just bought the Blackberry Curve  8520 pay as you go sim free. Where I’m meant to have the option to add up to 10 emails in the ‘Messages’ icon I only have the option ‘I want to use a work email account’ which is with Blackberry, it does not have the option ‘I want to create or add an email address’ so you can add hotmail, google mail etc. I’ve been into Setup>Setup Wizard>Email Setup, and there just isn’t any option to add email addresses.

I went into O2 as there my service provider and they told me you have to sign up to O2 Blackberry email where you add your phones PIN and IMEI, I did this and it came up with this error message:

Cannot create account: 

This BlackBerry(R) device is not registered with your wireless service provider.

Please register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches

the one provided by your wireless service provider.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click Settings Options.

2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

If the error persists, contact your wireless service provider.

I did this and it said message sent, however it still goes not work so I went back into O2 where they tried and couldn’t do anything either. I was then told it’s because I can’t have the Blackberry 8520 on pay as you go, you need it on contract as it only works with the Blackberry internet server.

Could anyone advise me on this as surely they can’t sell a pay as you go Blackberry that doesn’t work?

Any help would be great, thanks!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry 8520 Help With email

Because that is an O2 requirement.

They set their rules. I think I only know of that offers PAYgo services for BlackBerry is Orange.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
martibhoycfc
My Device: Not Specified

I have the exact same problem as Natala, but I have a contract phone? I bought it sim free - and didnt have an option of adding an email address other than a work one. so I went to host routing table and tried to register. Its said it was "sent"....but still nothing has chaged.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Martin

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

martibhoycfc wrote:

I have the exact same problem as Natala, but I have a contract phone? I bought it sim free - and didnt have an option of adding an email address other than a work one. so I went to host routing table and tried to register. Its said it was "sent"....but still nothing has chaged.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Martin

Martin, you will need to subscribe to THE BlackBerry Data Plan from your mobile provider. That is is the only way to get the BlackBerry services such as RIM push email, BlackBerry Messenger, and many of the other data functions of the BlackBerry enabled, etc.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
h_rodber
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem with Natala although I AM subscribed to the Blackberry services through my network provider (Vodafone UK) and I AM on contract. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Hayley.

Please use plain text.
iaboss
My Device: curve 8520

Is not an O2 requirement because i got a contract with virgin mobile 35 pound a months and guess what????

I got the same bloody problem also i cannot use fabebook application.... at this point i think that the only one who can explaine is BLACKBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm going to give it back if i don't find a solution quick  

Please use plain text.
ashdbash
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

im on virgin contract with the very same problem, aparently it something tio do with the first service text not coming through.(if they havent top right hand corner says"GPRS" instead of "3G" which is when its linked to blackberry. im waiting for blackberry technical team to call me back to fix this but could be up to 48hrs. as soon as i know of a solution i will post it.

Please use plain text.
Newbie_Neil
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi   ashdbash, I'm also on a Virgin contract with the same problem. My phone says GPRS. Could you please advise who to contact?

Thanks,

Neil

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Quattro100
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Media

I have the same problem and I have been waiting 7 days for a call from Virgin's Blackberry help team.

When the phone arrived Mr Mark Davidson Executive Director - Customer Care but told me in his letter:

"We know you've been sitting tight waiting for new phone to arrive, and now it's here! Just open the box and slip in the SIM card. Then the world's your oyster - start making calls, sending texts and emails or even browsing the mobile web".

Mr Davidson did not enclose his own mobile number I wonder whether Blackberry is concerned about how its own reputation is impacted by Virgin.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Quattro100 wrote:

I have the same problem and I have been waiting 7 days for a call from Virgin's Blackberry help team.

When the phone arrived Mr Mark Davidson Executive Director - Customer Care but told me in his letter:

"We know you've been sitting tight waiting for new phone to arrive, and now it's here! Just open the box and slip in the SIM card. Then the world's your oyster - start making calls, sending texts and emails or even browsing the mobile web".

Mr Davidson did not enclose his own mobile number I wonder whether Blackberry is concerned about how its own reputation is impacted by Virgin.

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

Very interesting...but perhaps some information is missing for you...

If you are hoping that RIM will see your message -- these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. As such, it is unlikely that they will see what you have written. However, if you have specific and constructive ideas for them, I have heard that they accept such via email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.