Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
numb
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry 8520 WSOD Issue

[ Edited ]

hey,im new to this forum,and ive signed up because ive had a pretty bad time with this blackberry now.

basically let me start with how this happened.

i bought this blackberry (8520) about 8 months ago now, and its been working like a charm, but only recently my blackberry rebooted and was stuck 3/4 of the way on the loading bar,and i was told it needs a software update,and thats exactly what i did,it wiped my phone,but oh well,it was working again.

Now,only about 2-3 weeks ago,my phone was starting to play up,and by this i mean that my the screen started to fade white and would stay like that - and i researched this and ive found out its the 'white screen of death'. ive realised that when my battery is on about 1 bar and a half and i play music or use the browser,it becomes white, so whenever it turned white i used to do a battery pull,but the 3/4 thing would happen and my phone would turn off. this 'WSOD' happens everyday now and its really starting to tick me off, also ive realised that it only turns back on if i plug in the main charger,so from white screen,i plug it in,and it slowly turns back on,ive backed everything up on the desktop manager and i really dont wanna follow the tutorials of opening my blackberry up and messing with the internals. somebody also mentioned to me that my battery may have been 'popped' i have no idea on what this means,im guessing its dying out.

just before in posted this,my bb had the white screen thing again,my battery was full and when it turned back on it was red.

if anyone know on how to fix this,please comment...

im sorry i made this detailed,but i know people need alot of info, i am also running on OS 5

P.S - this is not my first bb,i had a bb 8900 and never had this issue :Helpsmilie::No:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry 8520 WSOD Issue

Hello numb,

In this case we can try to reload the software on the BlackBerry smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.

Here is how to backup your BlackBerry smartphone http://bbry.lv/kqMaD3

Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03621

Once completed test it and proceed with selective restore here is how to restore http://bit.ly/bSbfl3

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
BBBerry
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Blackberry 8520 WSOD Issue

I have the same problem Extremely irritating.

Please use plain text.