Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry 8520 White Screen Urgent Help

Very frequently, the screen on my 8520 curve goes completely white. This happens randomly and when the battery has plenty of charge. The only way it fixes itself is when the charger is plugged back in, but then when i take it out to use it, it will eventually go white and unuseable again, whether it be after 5 minutes or 2 hours. If i try turning it on again nithing happens. I usually take the battery out and put it back in, this will start a reboot, but will not complete one as the screen will go white before it can reach the home screen. Like i saidm it only seems to work again once it is plugged in to the charger and can complete the reboot.

This is the second 8520 of mine that this has happened to. The last one was replaced because of this problem by my phone provider. The replacement has come today vut the same thing is happening!!

What causes this problem? How can it be fixed? When the phone was replaced, i kept and am using the same battery, chargerm sim card and media card, could the problem be related to any of these?? HELLPP!!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Blackberry 8520 White Screen Urgent Help

Hey csuckling,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest to do a clean reload of the BlackBerry® device software as shown here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320, please test before restoring any data to the device.

If this resolves the issue do a selective restore of essential data (Address Book, Calendar, Task, Memos, BBM contacts etc.)

How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

If the issue still persists after the reload, further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: Fido

I am having the same problem. Quite frustrating.

My Device: Blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: Fido

I can't seem to click that link?