Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry 8520 battery issues

I've found recently that the battery for my blackberry has been draining very rapidly. Before my battery could last for a whole day, now it barely lasts 4 hours. I had this problem before, but it simply went away. Wehn i check the battery i notice its temperature is quiet high. I ave checked to make sure no apps are running in the background. Is there anyway this can be fixed?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry 8520 battery issues

Hi and welcome to the forums

Try rebooting the device in "safe mode" which loads only the basic Blackberry OS with no third part apps running. This can help you determine if the battery drain is related to an app problem.

I would also inspect the battery for any cracks and ensure the contacts are clean. Use the battery savings tips article to see if you can increase performance,

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter