Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Blackberry 8520 can't connect to the network

Carrier: Vodafone Italy

Model info and OS version: Blackberry 8520 v5.0.0.1036

139733320 bytes free

Since Thursday night I've been receiving a SOS signal from my pay as you go Blackberry 8520 when I'm in my apartment or on my block. Or worse, it will say I have full coverage but I can't send or receive phonecalls or messages. If I walk two blocks in any direction the signal comes back. I've been to the Vodafone store multiple times and with the language barrier they keep telling me nothing is wrong. I finally got them to give me a new sim card today hoping that would fix it but i still can't get any signal.

I'm sure it's probably something to do with the network but really, for three/four days?? I've lived in the same apartment for the past 4 months with absolutely no problem. I only have a week left in Italy with this phone but it's frustrating because I have to stay home and study for finals and now I can't get into contact with anyone. 

I've tried the battery pull, wiping my device, changing my SIM card...literally everything I can think of. 

Any advice or explanations?? I am attaching the diagnostic report I ran before I wiped my phone last night. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry 8520 can't connect to the network

Hello keloh,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The following article will provide you with more information regarding the SOS signal on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone:

Network status indicator shows "SOS" on the BlackBerry smartphone - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03448

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!