Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Entel

Blackberry 8520 email not working

Hi all,

First time posting on here. I've got a blackberry 8520. I recently received an email to my device saying that I need to verify the password for my email account in Blackberry Internet Services, and that until I did so, emails would not be sent to my device. However, I've forgotten my password (as I don't think I've needed it since I set up my phone two years ago). But when I click on setup>email settings and then click forgot password, it says it will send an email to my device, which I don't get as the emails have been stopped. Does anyone know how I get out of this catch-22 situation?

All Replies
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry 8520 email not working

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There is a way out...hopefully...refer:

• Article ID: KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
  • Article ID: KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

Failing those automated means, contacting your mobile service provider (who manages your BIS account as well as any associated email integrations) for formal support would be in order.

Good luck and let us know!

Special through 31-Oct-2015 -- 10% Discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.