Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

trs81
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8520 wont charge

[ Edited ]

I have an 8520 and I just came home from the hospital.  I have upgraded to the 5.0.0.822 op sys the phone battery died before I was able to get home.  When I go to plug it in after getting home it will not charge or even lite up when plugged in.  I have tried plugging it into the wall and the computer but I get the same reaction from both and that is nothing.  I have tried to pull the battery and it is still the same.  Does anybody have any suggestions for this? I am on the at&t network also.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry 8520 wont charge

Hi and Welcome to the Forums -- and Welcome Home!!

If the battery totally depleted, it will appear to do nothing at all until an adequate charge is reached...that can take some time. I always recommend leaving it on a known-good charger for 2 hours before trying anything at all. It is possible, however, that the battery was damaged by the depletion (they really do not like to be fully drained)...but let's wait through the 2 hour charge before we jump ahead to anything else.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yellowjacket2010
My Device: Curve8520
My Carrier: Rogers

Ok, mine has just done the same thing!

Just plugged it into the regular charger instead of computer and will also wait 2 hours.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yellowjacket2010

Been more than an hour-now the light has turned solid green!   :smileyindifferent:

What the heck is goin' on.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Solid green? I'm not at all sure what that means. Try this...while still hooked up to the charger, remove the battery. Wait 5 minutes and then put the battery back in.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yellowjacket2010

Hey, it worked!!! Thanks so much.

I removed the battery like you said while hooked up to the charger for 5 mins. Sure enough-everything came back.

The green light was in the top r/h corner of the device, the place that blinks when battery is getting low. That was last nite whyen nothing would turn on. Now everything is ok. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent. I'm glad that worked for you. You are most welcome...and enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Jodieejlt
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

i have recently downloaded the latest versoin of blackberry app world i then tried to plugme phone in the computer with a usb and it wouldnt charge, i then tried to charge it through the wall plug, still nothing, ive took the battery out and put it back in and still nothing....

Help?!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mohamedmagdy
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

Blackberry 8520 wont charge

Good Evening, i have a Blackberry curve 8520 when i put the batterie in it , it light up a red light for 5 seconds and than wont charge , neither from PC or From a Wall charger for more than 2 hours but nothing happen, what can i do???

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Mohamedmagdy wrote:

Good Evening, i have a Blackberry curve 8520 when i put the batterie in it , it light up a red light for 5 seconds and than wont charge , neither from PC or From a Wall charger for more than 2 hours but nothing happen, what can i do???

Hello...and apologies for the late reply.

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.