If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
uffaq
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry 9220 not starting

I had kept my blackberry 9220 in my hand bag while i was in a lecture. After an hour I wanted to check time but it wasnt working. i removed battery then tried to turn it on but it didn't. I connected it to wall charger but it still isnt starting, even LED isnt flashing.

Please use plain text.
Developer
moniko17
My Device: Javelin 8900
My Carrier: Axis

Re: Blackberry 9220 not starting

maybe your blackberry need to charge, because it doesnt have power
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
uffaq
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

i did for an hour but still not switching on

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

uffaq wrote:

i did for an hour but still not switching on

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ianbertrafal
My Device: BLACKBERRY CURVE 9220
My Carrier: GLOBE TELECOM

Ive also encounter this problem! And up until now, my phone couldnt switch on! I tried to transfer my battery to my friends mobile phone but it doesnt work!I also use her full charge battery but it doesnt work too... I bought this 15days ago! Please help me about this.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ianbertrafal wrote:
Ive also encounter this problem! And up until now, my phone couldnt switch on! I tried to transfer my battery to my friends mobile phone but it doesnt work!I also use her full charge battery but it doesnt work too... I bought this 15days ago! Please help me about this.

HI and Welcome to the Community!

Please clarify...exactly what happens when you try your battery in your friends device. "it doesn't work" can be interpreted many ways. It could be that it does not physically fit. It could be that your friends device won't boot up at all. It could be that your friends BB will boot up partially, but not completely. Details from you will ensure we understand your situation properly.

Also, please clarify that you FIRST did the 4h15m process BEFORE trying with your friends device/battery.

Also please clarify if you allowed your battery to be FIRST be charged in your friends device (using the 4h15m process).

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ianbertrafal
My Device: BLACKBERRY CURVE 9220
My Carrier: GLOBE TELECOM

The scenario goes like this sir. My BB has been automatically switched off because my battery has totally been drained for a long day of use. After almost 30mins, I charged it and stay it for about 2hrs of charging. Ive noticed after two hours that there is no led light existing, even the screen of my bb indicating that my unit is charging. So I pull my charger and I attempt to turn my phone on by simply pull-out my battery and returning it back to the unit but I wait for couple of minutes but it doesnt turned on. The next day i borrowed my friends bb9220 full-charged battery which is the same unit i have right now and insert it in my phone but unfortunately it doesnt turned on...So I also checked my battery by inserting it in my friends unit, it was fully drained but when i charge it the led light turns on as well as the screen of her phone indicating that the battery is charging which it doesnt happen in my phone. So when i read this forum, i followed the 4h15m trick but nothing happens. That was the scenario which I think my bb9220 encounter some problems. Hope you can help me for this.Thank you and God BLess...
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so from what you say, I think that you have followed both of those procedures correctly. Given your result, I would deduce that your BB itself is the cause. Further diagnosis requires in-hand action by a qualified hardware technician. If you are within your warranty period, then you should seek out warranty support, normally available from your original place of purchase, your mobile service provider, or an authorized service center...it can vary by region, so check your original purchase documentation to learn the terms of your warranty along with the methods of exercising it.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bigdaddy09
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: globe

i followed the procedure listed above but that doesn't seem to solve the problem on my 9220...

is there any other procedure that i can try doing?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

bigdaddy09 wrote:
i followed the procedure listed above but that doesn't seem to solve the problem on my 9220...

is there any other procedure that i can try doing?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you've said, coupled with your choosing to post in this thread (which implies you have the exact same situation), then I'd think that the information in post 8 above applies to you. Unless there is something different about your specific situation...

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.