Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
raghav55
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Blackberry 9300 - Connection Problem

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am new to blackberry, I am experiencing a problem in my app world which connects via wifi since i dont have any data plan or no bis/bes on my bb 9300, after some time of starting up (maybe a hour or two) with a battery pull or normally when i open app world it says, 

"We cannot connect you to the blackberry app world.Please ensure that your device is connected to the wireless network and try again." 

And also it happens with the other apps whether on cellular network or wifi network, like on whatsapp i am not able to send messages.

Every time this error occurs i have to do a battery pull and after some time like mentioned above it turns back to the same error, is there no solution to this..?

Can anybody help me on this ..?

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Raghav 

Email - raghavsinghal55@gmail.com

BB 9300

Works on Wifi - Yes

Works on Bis/Bes - No

Cellular Network - Bharti Airtel 

blackberry 9300

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry 9300 - Connection Problem

With no data plan results will be mixed. When you're on wifi try turning off the mobile network and see what works.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
raghav55

I don't have bis/bes and when that error occurs nothing works which require to be connected to wifi or 3G but i have my normal data plan on the carrier Airtel
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bbfan-101
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

You need to have the wifi browser service books installed...

Go to options -> device -> advanced system settings -> service book.

Mine has :

Wifi TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig]
Wifi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]

You must have this for the browser to work with wifi, do you?

If you do not have this, in that menu press the blackberry button and if there is an entry in the menu that says undelete, use it.

If that option is not in the menu, I am sure there is a better way to try to fix this but I would try to backup your information and reinstall the device software. You can google this for more information on how to if you do not know.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raghav55

[ Edited ]

Yes i have these service books and my browser works perfectly, after some time(maybe a hour or two) of the battery pull, the app world doesn't work, whatsappp, opera mini and also some of the apps which utilise wifi or 3G doesn't work. 

And also i am properly connected to wifi and my wireless network - Bharti Airtel and have good coverage.

I have searched a number of forums but no luck.

But anyway thanks for your help.

Regards,

Raghav 

Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bbfan-101

[ Edited ]

Alright well that is very strange... Try to check your apn settings are correct and that you are using the regular data service apn name and not the bis one which for me is blackberry.net (regular one is internet).

Go to options -> device -> advanced system settings -> tcp/ip.

Apn settings enabled? apn name is not blank or blackberry something?

You may want to confirm yours with your service provider.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bbfan-101

[ Edited ]

You know what, upon thinking about this again, i have the exact same problem sometimes!

This i believe is what is causing your problems. When you go out of range of the wifi, for some reason apps like whatsapp seem to switch over to the service providers data scheme and if you have no credit or I would assume as in your case it does not work, the whatsapp does not switch back over to the wifi when it comes into range again.

I have had issues like this before with my 9300 and to solve it try to do this. Turn off all network radios on the phone. mobile and wifi. then turn on wifi only then do a battery pull on the device. When it turns on again, wifi will be on and things should work... Well atleast that is what happens for me. You can then turn on the mobile network again.

You could also try just closing the problematic application, disabling all of the network radios then turning on wifi only and try out the application. I know the last option I provided works 100% of the time for me though and I really think if you stay close to the wifi router for more than an hour or two you are not going to have any problems at all.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raghav55

I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THAT AFTER SOME TIME IT DISCONNECTS FROM THE 3G NETWORK AND THEN REONNECTS. THIS IS WHY APPS EXCEPT BROWSER THAT UTILISE 3G WIFI CONNECTION DO NOT WORK.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY IS THIS HAPPENING.

IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP.

THANKS ,

RAGHAV

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raghav55

Can anyone Help PLease??
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chrissie24
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello. My Apn settings have not been enabled. If I click and enable Apn then asks me for an Username and Password? What are these please?
Please use plain text.