Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

EndlessInfinity
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry 9300 Small clock icon and fast battery drain

Hello there! My girlfriend's been having problems with her 9300. A couple of days ago, a small clock icon started appearing whenever she would try to use a menu item on her blackberry, or when she would try and turn off the lock. She also found that the battery would drain signifigantly faster, to the point where a full charge won't last a day.

She has no 3rd party apps installed, and has wireless disabled. Yesterday, we took it to the local store and they replaced the battery. When she's had these problems, she's turned the phone off and removed/reinstalled the battery to no effect.

Thank you for your time.

Please use plain text.
berryjuice
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Blackberry 9300 Small clock icon and fast battery drain

[ Edited ]

My phone's been doing the same thing.  Any help would be appreciated.  My battery doesn't last longer than 6 hours, if it makes it that far, without any talk time.  Full charge, dead overnight.  Quite frustrating! Thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
delafuentej
My Device: Curve 3g
My Carrier: Telefonica Movistar

I have exactly the same problem with my 9300. Works fine during 6 months and suddenly the battery drains in 5 hours without using the phone it's very slow and the clock icon appears a lot. Any idea? 

My OS version is 6 bundle 2391

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
delafuentej
My Device: Curve 3g
My Carrier: Telefonica Movistar

I'v just notices another strange thing: the Third Party applications menu doesn't work (nothing appears). If I try to Install/Remove applications with the BB Desktop Software (Mac version) nothing appears in the application window.
Please use plain text.
asnandrey
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

I have exact same problem. I had OS 5 and upgraded to OS 6 after a clean wipe and has been having similar issues.

Battery drains out in 5-6 hours. Handset feels warm on the back cover too. Seems like OS 6 is buggy.

Please reply if someone found a solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arsalans
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange UK

The battery or the device is not the issue.

In the last 3/4 days I have started experiencing sudden battery problems with Blackberry Curve. It would drain very quickly and today it was the worst, the phone just would not start although I had fully charged it last night before turning off. Now after connecting to the charger it started working and now fully charged. I have come across the following posts confirming other people are having the same problems:http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9300-series-discussion-curve-3g/253688-9300-battery-runs-fla... . I am on Orange UK and currently running 6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600. Platform 6.6.0.223) 

Please use plain text.
praveentom
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Airtel - Hyderabad

Hi, I had the same problem... I found the solution and the culprit is compression...

Menu >> Option >> Device >> Storage >> Enable Compression...

Disable this and the pain is over... my battery has popped back to normal...
Please use plain text.
GabbyAnn89
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Koodo

My blackberry 9300 was doing all of this. It started to affect my daily life because I need a charge on my phone all day long and can't necessarily charge it all day. Then add on the slowness and the hourglass....it was horrible! My phone is under warranty from my provider still and decided to get a new battery seeing as this happened to my previous Blackberry and this solved the problem for that phone. This time it did not work though! So, I googled the problem and found out that maybe I don't have any more memory. So, I deleted some music I don't need anymore and some pictures I already uploaded elsewhere and VOILA! My phone is back to normal. If there are things you don't want deleted though, you should try getting a bigger memory card.

Please use plain text.
bijoymini
My Device: 2012 Curve 9300
My Carrier: 3G GSM

My problrm is dat..my phne keeps restarting itself aftr I open an application or browser..wat shuld I do..
Please use plain text.
vickych
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

" Hi, I had the same problem... I found the solution and the culprit is compression...
Menu >> Option >> Device >> Storage >> Enable Compression...
Disable this and the pain is over... my battery has popped back to normal..."

this suggestion works perfectly. Tried it and life is back to normal.

Got the 9300 around 7 months back. 2 weeks back suddenly faced the exact problem as mentioned by the thread starter. A small clock keeps on showing up. All system becomes slow. Without any use cell phones becomes warm and battery drains out in 5-6 hrs. Got the OS reinstalled from the service centre and the problem still remained. Currently in v6.0.0.546(Bundle 2475). Surprisingly the service centre doesn't seem to be knowledgable about this common problem.

Thanks to your suggestion the problem has gone. In addition I have also removed the BB prodcast.

Please use plain text.