Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Ferial25
My Device: 9300

Blackberry 9300 doesn't last for more than 2 HOURS

My blackberry keeps switching off when it wants to! I replaced both the battery, and the phone and did a security wipe, however, I dont know what the problem is. I charge it and then it only last 2 HOURS MAX!!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Blackberry 9300 doesn't last for more than 2 HOURS

Hello

So you replaced battery and the phone, and even the new phone doesn't last more than 2 hours.

Then I'm inclined to questioned what 3rd party apps you have installed ?

If the phone is really replaced, but sometimes the charger is not. In this case 3 things need to be considered:

1. Is the charger faulty?
2. Is the wall socket you are charging from faulty? (Natural wear and tear)
3. If charging from pc, then is the usb cable faulty? (Do not charge via usb hub and determine which usb ports are priority ports.

Possible fix: if the charger is sound
• Remove battery
• Connect the charger to the phone
• Now replace battery
• Leave to charge for 5+

If that doesn't work: check battery door, is it seated correctly, which looseness to the touch and do the same check of the battery.

Place a business card on the battery then clip in the battery door for snug fit. If battery is loose also use a small piece of business card and FOLD it and insert behind the battery pushing against the battery pin of the phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ferial25
My Device: 9300

Hi

I tried that and It didnt work...I think it is software, because at times it shows fully charged n then its just empty again! 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Try the following - courtesy of Mr Sanders

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Article ID: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 
KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
Please use plain text.