Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: 02

Blackberry 9300 keeps turning off

I got my bb curve 9300 2 years and 1 month ago and now its started plaayin up. It'll jut turn off at random times and the battery will be on 60% or watever and it'll just turn off. I keep having to put it in charge and it just reeboots itself. Once it even said "battery drained" and it just shut down even though the battery was at about 70%. Is any1 havin the same problem and if any1 knows how to fix it PLEASE REPLY. It's started to get so annoying because I have 2 charge about 3 times a day now. Btw Im on O2 and my "mobile network" and wifi is on most of of the time but I never use bluetooth. I also use bbm.  

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry 9300 keeps turning off

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: 02

Re: Blackberry 9300 keeps turning off