Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
xMR_PLUM_JUICEx
My Device: Curve 9320

Blackberry 9320 acting sluggish since update to 7.1 bundle 3029

Hi all, ive had my Curve 9320 for atleast 3months and ive just found out there was an update 7.1 bundle 3029, since ive updated my phone takes far longer to boot up then previous, when its booting up, the loading bar get to 3 quarters of the way and stops and hangs for about 15mins then continues, its really doing my head in because before it took 5mins to boot not even that, i then down-graded back to the firmware i was on, that un-successful took even longer to boot, so now im putting up with 7.1 bundle 3029 update, any help to get this sorted thanks :smileyhappy:

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry 9320 acting sluggish since update to 7.1 bundle 3029

Hi there,

It's likely that something didn't install correctly/cleanly during the software update. With this in mind, I would suggest doing a clean reload of the software on the device which will put you back to a clean slate.

To do this, use the method described in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

This should clear up any issues you're having and get you back up and running as you would expect.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
xMR_PLUM_JUICEx

ive tried that option reoved everything even put it os back to what is what originally and its still taking 20mins to boot up

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

That would suggest that you may have one of two things happening then. One option is that you've got an app installed that is causing problems (did you do a device switch when you swapped to your 9320? If so, consider reinstalling all of your apps via fresh downloads). Another option is that some of your data may be corrupt. In this case, you would want to try doing a selective restore where you only restore the databases you really need (e.g. contacts, calendar, messages, etc).

The catch for both of these is that you'll want to start from scratch again. To do this, backup your phone using the Desktop Software, then perform a security wipe by going to Options > Security > Security Wipe. Ensure that the boxes for Email. Contacts, etc and User Installed Applications are checked, then follow the instructions at the bottom of the page to proceed with the wipe. Once the wipe is complete, you can do the selective restore using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, and then redownload fresh copies of your apps.

I hope this info helps! And if you still have problems after this, I would take it in for warranty service.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
xMR_PLUM_JUICEx

ive done everything, wiped it clean, re-installed my old os, and still slow at bootting up, once its booted up its fine as the way it was, just since ive ugraded os 3029 its gone slow on boot-up but i can live with it aslong as my battery doesn't fall out