Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
pauladelapaz
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Blackberry 9320 was reformatted

My Blackberry 9320 was reformatted. Whenever I plug into the PC the software didn't appear and all my files and contacts were lost but all applications are still here in the application management. I can still use it now but I'm not sure if the OS is still working well. What should I do? Do I need to download a new software? The OS is v7.1.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry 9320 was reformatted

Hi pauladelapaz

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

By Formating do you mean a security wipe ? 

A security wipe has nothing do with our device Software , but it deletes all user installed applications ( but not built in application ) from within that device . 

Why do you think your device OS is not working well ? Can you please explain your current problem in detail ! 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pauladelapaz
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Before when I plug it in the PC, Blackberry folders contains other folders such as camera, documents, etc. but now the case is, all folders were deleted. I'm not sure if there are virus on it. I'm no so sure too if this is something related to device OS.

Is restoring to factory setting the solution?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there,

As I asked by reformatting do your mean you wipe your device or something else ?

If you performed a wipe then loosing your contacts etc is normal , those were stored on our device memory and if we perform a Security wipe then it will delete all user data from within that device .

pauladelapaz wrote:

Before when I plug it in the PC, Blackberry folders contains other folders such as camera, documents, etc. but now the case is, all folders were deleted.

On your device first be sure that Mass storage mode is enabled :

KB13564 : How to enable or disable mass storage mode on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.