Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

jigglat
My Device: Blackberry 9330

Blackberry 9330 keeps rebooting

My Blackberry 9330 worked fine until a couple of weeks a go it started to reboot by itself several times a day.

Very frustrating.

It could be a battery problem since it behaves as if the battery has been taken out for a reboot. One Internet site suggests to tape the battery or insert a piece of cardboard with the purpose of reducing any possible movements inside the case. 

None worked for me.

I am in Mexico City and my carrier is Iusacell

Any ideas?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry 9330 keeps rebooting

Hello jigglat,

Welcome to the community,

First try a hard reboot i;e. while the Device is Powered on Remove the Battery cover and take out the Battery

wait for 1 min. then again re-insert the Battery, wait till the Device takes a long Reboot.

Please try this and let as know.

Good Luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
chrisc31
My Device: Curve 9330

New Contributor
chrisc31

I am having similar problem, as my device was working fine, until my alarm went off in the morning. It refused to respond to turning off, or even the snooze feature. I pulled the battery in order to shut off the alarm. When it reset, it ran through the usual "progress bar", then began the security software. After displaying "Verizon Wireless" on the screen, it goes blank, and does not want to restart. No matter which button you try, nothing. I placed a call to the device, and it went through. But no button allowed me to answer. I've repeated the battery pull, many, many, times. Please offer any suggestions short of a hard reset, as I have information in the Memo Pad that I don't have backed up, and I don't wish to lose. Thank you
Elite II
prince2012

Hello chrisc31

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Have you recently Installed any new application, theme or wallpaper ,Please try to remember it will help to resolve your issue.Meanwhile Start your device on Safe Mode and if you had Installed any of the above Uninstall that from your device.Try it and let us know.

KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Prince

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

New Contributor
chrisc31

No luck. First of all nothing has been installed in a very long time, and the device does not go into Safe mode. It is going through the same reset steps as before, even though I held the Escape button throughout. If it helps, the screen goes blank and unresponsive as the security software reaches about 28%. Thanks for your help, and any other suggestions are welcome.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello chrisc31

If that does not help then to recover  your device you had to load your OS again but in this process you will loose your data within your device ,I hope you have your previous backup.Have a look at this Knowledge Base :

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince