Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
shadow30101
My Carrier: Vodacom

Blackberry 9360 keyboard light problem!

Hi all, I resently got a new BB and it worked amazingly fine untill I upgraded it's software using Desktop Manager. Now, when the LED light switches on the keyboard light switches off, I uninstaled all the apps involving the LED light and it still does the same thing. I understand that the sensor is located near the LED light, I checked the web for a solution but I did'int come across my answer yet, I also checked my settings and all but no luck. Please if anybody has a solution to my problem please can you post it. Thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaimeshaun
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: Blackberry 9360 keyboard light problem!

Hey there, I saw your post and made an account just to help you. I had the same problem and you solved mine believe it or not. Right you want to take off the LED like if you have the green LED flashing all the time take it off it shall fix your problem in no time. If you need and help taking it off give me a shout and ill help you. Hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
n3verm0re
My Carrier: blackberry

how to remove the green LED flashing tnx
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaimeshaun

N3verm0re!!

That is the coverage indicator. It's how you know your phone is working. Green means you have a signal. Red means you have a message or voicemail. Blue means you have a Bluetooth connection active. You can turn this off by going to settings (Default Theme) Options Screen/Keyboard and turn off LED coverage indicator. However it could also be a notification. GO to Profiles select active profile and press option edit. Then go through and verify the LED is turned off.

Hope this helps if not hmu. Good luck
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
n3verm0re

still not working sir..i folllow already youre advice...still the keyboard light is still off...i reformat already my BB...what do you think..the only thing can solve the my problem is the technician?.....thanksss.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaimeshaun

Let me get this straight to try help you the best I can....
Your keyboard light don't work because you have the green LED on??
What type is you bb??
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaimeshaun

Have you gone to Options > Screen/Keyboard and set: LED Coverage Indicator to 'Off'??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
n3verm0re

my BB is 9360....i already dit i turn off the green flashing LED still my keyboard light is not working....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaimeshaun

Have you tried turning your phone off then back on?? I know it sounds simple but give it a go

If the green light is no longer flashing thhen the keyboard should work if it flashing then it won't it will interfere.
Please use plain text.