Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Virgin

Blackberry App ID

I have an old blackberry curve which I gave to my son. He now needs to set up Blackberry Ap ID but ithe phone says that there is an ID already set up on it & he can't use a new one. I can't remember setting up an ID on it & none of my emails work as an ID- how do I find out the ID stored in the phone?  I've tried looking in the Blackberry ID menu but this ID has been changed as we tried to work out the ID by using 'forgotten password'. How can I find out the stored ID? 

Elite II
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry App ID

Hello hollandpj

If you are unable to remember  the username or the email ID that you used on that device then there is no way but have to change the BlackBerry ID .If you want to use a new BlackBerry ID on that device you have to Wipe your device which will allow you to add or change the BlackBerry ID ,For additional Information please check this Knowledge base::

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone.

After a security wipe a new BlackBerry ID can be associated with the device.But do you backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software first . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

Thanks for the reply - a security wipe gives you the option of wiping email, contacts, Aps etc. would i only have to wipe the Apps oe the whole phone?

Elite II
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi hollandpj

First do your devcice backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software ,you can remove your media card from the device and do a complete device wipe . Once you completed your Setup wizard you can restore your data from the backup.

To perform a security wipe, please see KB14058.

To reset to the BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings, please see KB18998.

Once the security wipe has been completed, a new BlackBerry ID can be linked to the BlackBerry smartphone on the initial setup.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.