Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

britashley
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Blackberry App World

I can't download BB App World from either my pc or through the device. Through the device and online i'm receiving a page titled "Mode not available".

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry App World

Hi britashley

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

From your BlackBerry browse when you browse or Click here  www.blackberry.com/appworld are you able to download BlackBerry world or getting any error ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Tamaraprado4
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

I have the same problem, I go to the download page, fill in my emailadres, receive the email, click the link that's in it and again receive the message MODE NOT AVAILABLE. There is a link to MOBILE website, if I click on it I am redirected to the same page that says MODE NOT AVAILABLE again. Even if I try to download on my pc I am redirected to a page that says Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone.

I would like to download App world again. But anywhere I go I am redirected to the page with the same message

Could anyone please help me?

Elite II
prince2012

Tamaraprado4 wrote:

I have the same problem, I go to the download page, fill in my emailadres, receive the email, click the link that's in it and again receive the message MODE NOT AVAILABLE. There is a link to MOBILE website, if I click on it I am redirected to the same page that says MODE NOT AVAILABLE again. Even if I try to download on my pc I am redirected to a page that says Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone.

I would like to download App world again. But anywhere I go I am redirected to the page with the same message

Hi Tamaraprado4

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you using your BlackBerry browse to go into that link  , Can you confirm that ?

To download BlackBerry World from your BlackBerry Browser ( Not from a PC browser ) browse to  www.blackberry.com/appworld and download the most recent available for your device . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Tamaraprado4

thanks for your past reply.

Yes I use BB Browser to try to download App World. When I open the link you give here, the page opens but it's all white.. it only says Blackberry World and my loginname and LOGOUT..

Elite II
prince2012

Tamaraprado4 wrote:

Yes I use BB Browser to try to download App World. When I open the link you give here, the page opens but it's all white.. it only says Blackberry World and my loginname and LOGOUT..

Hi Tamaraprado4

Are you sure you don't have any previous version of BlackBerry World listed in application management within your device ! The above link does allow us to install BB world.

To confirm it first On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Scroll and search if BlacBerry World is listed within that list . If you find any then highlight it . Press the Menu key > Delete it . 

KB10040 :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Or if you don't find any , still perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On wait for atleast a minute then re-insert it back . your device may take a long reboot.

Finally after reboot from your BlackBerry browser try this link http://www.blackberry.com/appworld/download

Try it and let us know.

New Contributor
Tamaraprado4

I cannot find anything that looks like APP WORLD in the list of application manager.

I did a batterypull and it still doesnt work

When I click the link you gave me I come on the same page as always that gives me two options: 1 download with smartphone.. and 2 download from PC.. If I want to download with smartphone I have to give up my accounts emailadres. If I fill mine in on the blackberry browser I do not receive any email. If I do that on Internet Explorer on my computer I do get an email with the link to the download page, this download page still gives me the same error, MODE UNAVAILABLE.

Is it right that with your link I come to the site i described you? and that I have to give the emailadres?

Elite II
prince2012

Tamaraprado4 wrote:

Is it right that with your link I come to the site i described you? and that I have to give the emailadres?

Hello Tamaraprado4

If you from a PC browser go to that link , you're offered two options , either enter the email that you have configured with your smartphone , then it will send a download link in your message box  which you can use to download BlackBerry World Or you have to connect your device using USB cable and use the second link to install .

But if we use our BlackBerry browse and navigate to the above link it allow us to download it directly to our BlackBerry Smartphone.

As you're having problem , first On your Homescreen Go to Options > Choose Third Party Applications >  Choose BlackBerry ID  = Are you already login with your BlackBerry ID ?

New Contributor
Tamaraprado4

Thanks a lot, I was abla to download BB App World.

I had to change to Blackberry ID in OPTIONS and from then it was very easy!

Thanks a lot again!!

Elite II
prince2012

Tamaraprado4 wrote:

Thanks a lot, I was abla to download BB App World.

I had to change to Blackberry ID in OPTIONS and from then it was very easy!

Thanks a lot again!!

Hey Tamaraprado4

You're most welcome ... I glad that your issue has been resolved  :smileyhappy:

Take Care !