Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Battery Reset?

Hi, this is my firt time asking for help.

Say I was on the Twitter or Facebook app, looking at someones picture or status. If i took the battery out of the back and restarted the phone, would it just take me to the newsfeed.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Battery Reset?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you remove the battery, you cause the device to crash (shut down without warning). While that may sound bad, it's actually a very healthy thing for BBs...it's the best way to cure sluggishness and other odd behaviors. Just like rebooting a computer.

But, as far as what happens when you restart...it does not know anything about what you were doing when you crashed it. So it will not return to anywhere that you were before. Rather, it'll be just like a fresh reboot...and you'll need to launch apps and do whatever things you desire to do. So, when you launch either of those apps, it'll take you to the apps default screen, and show you whatever the latest information for that screen is (or whatever default behavior the app has)...no knowledge of what you did before.

In some cases, if you were using an app that can do so (I'm thinking of Twitter and TweetMarker...but I don't know which if any Twitter app for BB can use that), it can "remember" your place in your timeline and return you to where you left off rather than at the top of the your Twitter feed. But that's totally app dependent, and if you are using T4BB, definitely not there.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code