Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
TanTans
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-mobile

Blackberry Completely Frozen

Can anyone help me.

i downloaded an application for my phone, and now its completley frozen.. i cant use any keys, nor my track pad.. it wont even recognize it on my computer... yet when the back light goes out and i press a button.. the screen lights back up, but i still cant use any buttons... i have tried taking my battery out loads of times, but it doesnt seem to work, i have even left the battery out for a couple of hours and that still hasnt worked... 

what do i do? any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Completely Frozen

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, attempt to remove this offending app.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TanTans
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-mobile

Thanks for the reply..

but it doesnt seem to be working.. pretty sure im getting the right key, but which is the 'escape key'?

im trying everything i can but its really not working :/

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ESC Key.jpg

As I say, it can take several tries to get it right...you may also have to deviate from the instructions provided in the KB a little bit...it can be very tricky, but it should work. If you cannot succeed, then given what you describe, you may well have no choice but to WIPE and reload your OS, which in your condition will also wipe out all of your data...hopefully you already have made good use of the various FREE backup methods that RIM provides...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.