Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
TheresaB96
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve 830 not booting up?

I have a blackberry curve 8530. It stoped working and just wont power on. I bought a new battery for it and let it charge for about 10 hours. It starts to turn on and boot up but once the loading bar gets 1/16th of the way loaded it shuts down and starts all over again. What is going on? Someone please help me and tell me how I can fix it, if I can. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Curve 830 not booting up?

Hi TheresaB96

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Have you recently Installed any applications or downloaded anything before this problem appeard ? Please try to Start your Device on Safe Mode  KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode. On Safe Mode Remove any application or any Theme from the device if you had Installed.

Please try it and see if that help .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TheresaB96

[ Edited ]

I can't get that to work on my phone. It just keeps doing the same thing it was doing before....

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi TheresaB96

If your device is unable to start on safe mode then you might have to use Application loader to force the detection of your device and load the OS ,But remeber this method  will delete all the data within your device ,I hope you have your previous backup.Look at this Knowledge Base for further Instructions :

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

So please try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TheresaB96

So I went to do that, but I put the password in wrong to many times. It wipped out everything on the device. I'm fine with that, but now it says, "Reload Software: 513" How to I get past this?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi TheresaB96

If we enter incorrect password  it will wipe our device and after our device restarts sometime this error 513  appears on our BlackBerry Devices . And In that situation you had to reload your device Software again.Look at this Knowledge Base on how to perform a Clean reload : 

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

Additional Information : KB13003 :  "JVM 513" error appears on the BlackBerry smartphone.

If BlackBerry Desktop Software does not recognize your device then you had to follow the same KB10144 posted above . So please try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TheresaB96

I tried to do the "Clean Reload" but then it says there's no BlackBerry Device Software updates. I looked for the "View other versions" in the bottom lower left corner like it said but I can't find it no where.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi TheresaB96

Is your PC connected to Internet while doing this process ? If Desktop Software is unable to perform a Clean Reload then we can always use the Loader .exe to reload our Device Software .Please try this Knowledge Base   to Relaod your device OS  :

KB29847 BlackBerry Desktop Software is not required to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Smartphone.

So first download the OS pack for your device from your Carrier site then use loader.exe .Please try it and let us know the result.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TheresaB96

It works! Thank you so much for all your help. I had to do KB29847 to get it to work. A lot of work, but worth it all. Thank you again.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi TheresaB96

You are most welcome .. Yes you had to work a lot but finally you worth it and We are glad you succeeded .:smileyvery-happy:

Prince

Please use plain text.